Education is the most important weapon on the fight against poverty, but unfortunately not everybody has access to education. Our local schools project aims to work with the local community and build low cost schools whereby local children whose family is poverty-stricken can receive the gift of an education. We emphasise the learning of languages and mathematics. These are basic skills which can greatly improve children’s quality of life by allowing them to integrate in society and find job opportunities later on.
Our Local school building project knows the importance of education for the less privileged, and with your support we are able to fund a big deal of initiatives within local communities, these consist of :
• Providing training for local volunteers to teach the children.
• Provide schools with materials like black boards, tables chairs, books , notebooks, pens, pencil, rubbers and any other necessary materials.
• Build local school to ensure every child has the opportunity and access to education.
•Ensure children have access to food and water
•Provide bursaries for children to be able to go to school
•Provide computers and IT equipment
•Support school agricultural projects
•Provide disabled children with wheelchairs, clothes and support
•Distribute donated computers, clothes and footwear across Sub-Saharan Africa.
• 40% of Africa's population live on under £1 a day.
• Every minute a child dies of malaria in Africa.
• Every 15 second a child dies of hunger.
• More than 100 million children do not have access to an education in sub-Saharan Africa.